Unknown Error

Need help?

Unknown Error

Postby LeDK » 10 Oct 2017, 08:30

So I have been having this problem in the game lately. I keep getting disconnected out of a match midway or at the last round, not out of the game like the normal dc tho, just out of the match and into the GAT Stadium. Before I get dc however, the character on my screen would freeze or keep running in one direction but on my opp screen or teammates', I would just be standing there, immobilized. Then I would get a black screen with the pop-up: "An unknown error has occured.". I have managed to finish 4-5 games for the past 5-6 days so far, this really discourages me from playing the game, even tho I love it tbh. I tried relogging, uninstalling and reinstalling the game (twice now) and the problem is still there. Send help plez...
LeDK

Re: Unknown Error

Postby Masel » 12 Oct 2017, 05:39

ppl rarely look here, don't be surprised if there's few to no responses.

You may want to sent a support ticket to Customer Support including the logcache file, although this sounds like a connection related issue.
Masel

Postby LeDK » 13 Oct 2017, 18:26

It's not a problem because of connection issues I know that for sure cuz my Internet, I am proud to say, is a faster than enough connection. I have also experienced the same problem on different wifi connections as well. I also saw another player said that they experienced the same issue as well.
LeDK

Postby Masel » 14 Oct 2017, 08:40

Well then, it's probably a rare issue, in which case all you ca really do is send a support ticket to customer support and explain the problem. They may ask for you to send them copies of certain files like the logcache and whatnot.

of note though, on a recent topic someone had an odd issue caused by problems with the cache files (http://getamped2.cyberstep.com/commu/?m ... ic_id=5399) So it may also be an option to trying deleting the cache files or moving them out of the directory. (this will not do permanent damage to the game, as it'll make new cache files if they aren't there.)
Masel

Postby LeDK » 16 Oct 2017, 17:51

How do I do that, please?
LeDK

Postby Masel » 18 Oct 2017, 08:00

How do you contact support? Click the Cyberstep logo at the top of the page, and then scroll down the page until you find the tiny words, "Contact Us" at/near the bottom of the page. Be sure to log in first though.
Masel

Postby LeDK » 18 Oct 2017, 17:06

See, I already did that before your earlier comment. I meant how do I delete the stuff? Thank you.
LeDK

Postby Masel » 24 Oct 2017, 13:35

oh, that's simple. You just go into the game's directory, find the files and either move them out the folder or delete them. I would suggest the former in case anything goes wrong. Where they are in the game files is stated in the link that was provided.
Masel

Return to Help & Support