Possible future implamentations of Crescent giveaways.

Discuss GetAmped2 here

Possible future implamentations of Crescent giveaways.

Postby Chozo » 15 Apr 2014, 14:42

Now, as we all saw from the 500C Facebook giveaway: giving free Cs causes problems.
Problems included: Internal server meltdown, multi-account creation crisis, and general abuse of the code given.

This forum topic is to think-tank several new methods for Cyberstep to promote free Crescent giveaways, without them suffering from those few abusive people. Let's be honest: we all love getting free crescents, but we're never going to get them if people abuse the system.

Anyways onto the methods:

1. Minimum Rank requirement. This is implemented in the japanese version of GA2 already. Players must be a certain rank in order to obtain Crescents. Using this method, people can no longer create a bunch of new accounts to abuse the reward.
This system is still somewhat visible in GA2_US as seen in the Prime Market. (Shopping for anything will always have something along the line of "No rank requirement" in item's description.)

2. Calendar Points Reward. Calendar points are there to promote players to play longer, play different modes, and to play more often, why not offer more intensive for players to play the game more? Simply adding a nice crescent reward at the 100 point mark will not only promote players to play the game more, but give them a chance to finally get some crescents in-game.
From a business standpoint, this is a lot more important than one would think: The barrier to entry for actually buying crescents is lowered significantly if you give them a taste for free.

3. GAT Rewards. This has already been done, to an extent, and it's honestly one of the more "sketchy" methods in this list. Any observer knows that the playtime shot up, when provided a secondary motive to GAT, in the form of Crescents, and honestly, the amount was so small and the payout was so rare, there simply is no reason to limit the give away.
... Well there's one reason. People did start to play only for Crescents, making rooms designed to end ASAP, but like I said, it's a bit of a rough method.

4. In-mail Rewards. This one is mainly for the case that they need to promote their facebook page again. Instead of using the code, they should have asked for each player's user ID, and gave all the Crescents out at once, via mail.
This seems to be a much safer method of distribution. The only down side is the actual man-power needed to collect all the names in the first place.
a.k.a. MangoTango in GA2
Chozo

Re: Possible future implamentations of Crescent giveaways.

Postby Clazziquai » 15 Apr 2014, 16:20

I'm kinda confused about why people would make a lot of accounts for that 500C, especially if you made good progress. I don't think a lot of new players would suddenly get into the game and do the "Reroll" trick like if you're starting to play a game like Puzzle & Dragon where you have a free Gacha roll and you're able to obtain someone broken and OP like Bastet or Horus.
Clazziquai

Postby Chozo » 15 Apr 2014, 19:06

From what I've seen, they make several alternate accounts until one get a Gold from the draws. Then they use that account.

There's also just the thrill / fun of doing a draw. I'm sure everybody feels a different rush when there's Crescents on the line, rather than Win.
a.k.a. MangoTango in GA2
Chozo

Postby Snakai » 17 Apr 2014, 20:16

Clazziquai wrote:I'm kinda confused about why people would make a lot of accounts for that 500C, especially if you made good progress. I don't think a lot of new players would suddenly get into the game and do the "Reroll" trick like if you're starting to play a game like Puzzle & Dragon where you have a free Gacha roll and you're able to obtain someone broken and OP like Bastet or Horus.

There could be a lot of reasons why people would create a new account just for a single roll. The most possible reason why people create a new account for a reroll is the same reason why people "TRADE" accounts(or just switch to the user's account) in this game.
To try out the accessory that they don't have and/or never played before.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Snakai

Postby Clazziquai » 18 Apr 2014, 11:58

They really need to make the calender point system better. Skins are so cheap now, the tickets are worthless and you wouldn't really need the score/WIN/EXP tickets later in the game. I'd like to see something like for every 100 calender points, you get a good amount of crescents and maybe a free 5x ticket for Lucky Draw.
Clazziquai

Return to General Discussions