Is it me...

Welcome to the new players!
Introduce yourself, or feel free to ask questions!

Is it me...

Postby ZetoMK2-A » 03 Jun 2015, 12:36

Or is this game really unfair at times, I mean blocking is the only defense you have but it doesn't work half the time and don't even get me started on auto guard.
So is their something I'm doing wrong or is that just how the game is? :?:
ZetoMK2-A

Re: Is it me...

Postby Masel » 04 Jun 2015, 08:07

More or less it's how the game works.

The game's iffy about counters, especially on faster attacks, this being AFTER they widened the counter timer to OVER A SECOND LONG. Sometimes your counter will just plain fail or miss, and that's when the game ISN'T lagging.

Blocking in general has some issues because it can result in getting hit with a cross-up if you're not careful.

Auto-guard should be plain outright deleted, IMHO, It does nearly none of what it was supposed to and is very hax-y, doesn't help newbies at all really, literally renders some accessories useless, makes guard breakers pointless, lets you guard during times you shouldn't be able to, and introduces multiple guard types that're so different they change match-up data.

but yeah, overall this game is unfair and unforgiving. Have you SEEN the PVE game modes? that should've made it obvious. And all that is just the tip of the iceberg, this game has some Random-Number-Generator (RNG) heavy stuff in it, and a bad RNG at that.
Masel

Postby ZetoMK2-A » 04 Jun 2015, 17:51

Guess I'm in for a whole lot of trouble then, also dashing is a bit finicky on a gamepad.
In the two days I've played I been seeing some blatant pay to win, what with all the actual good accessories being payed for with money. Another thing is making ingame money is a little hard with mission payouts being as small as they are, do they get better or does it take loads of grinding?
ZetoMK2-A

Postby Masel » 05 Jun 2015, 13:36

Those issues are actually the ones that can be overcome.

Most the acce's can be overcome with a good amount of skill, and if used by a bad player show blatant weaknesses.

W is hard to get tho, but using the trick of selling any voice you get from the 6 ~ 15 section in mora shrine mitigates this.
Masel

Postby ZetoMK2-A » 05 Jun 2015, 15:24

This game must be really grind heavy without paying, also the feeling of progression is very small.
You don't level up instead you get better titles, everything costs money which oddly rare for some reason and the difficulty is more than necessary. I can handle most of it but the fact that losing is such a punch in the gut screws with my motivation.
ZetoMK2-A

Postby Masel » 06 Jun 2015, 13:14

"This game must be really grind heavy without paying, also the feeling of progression is very small."

Nope, it's grind heavy and little progression even with paying! (the option of offers exists tho, but in the end even the paid for items mean little.)

There's actually a number of W items, just the prob is those items have their C price listed first, so you gotta click them to see their W price, else it'll just show the C price. There's around like, five? I think? Pearl Citadel, Metallic Hawk, Summon Stave and a few others. there's also a bunch of W items, and the core accessories, but in the end, yeah, it's exactly as you said, because most of them aren't that great. Only, it used to be worse.

"You don't level up instead you get better titles, everything costs money which oddly rare for some reason and the difficulty is more than necessary."

Yeah, and the titles' effects only work in GAT so they're pretty much useless. >_> As for the difficulty, The AI's downright dumb (although unpredictable): if you try to fight them like a normal match you'll be outclassed, but if you kite them (read: use projectiles and avoid being close to them.) and/or use the back-spam tactic, suddenly they're stupidly easy where it's like they aren't even trying.

(perhaps you've seen me in-game. maybe not, but oh well. I post on the BB sometimes.)
Masel

Postby ZetoMK2-A » 06 Jun 2015, 15:03

Well the AI seems to only know how to rush in and attack but the often come from many angles at once and specials are too easy to be knocked out of to be practical. At random the enemy damage output jumps up a few levels adding fake difficulty to a mission, so my situation is a catch-22. My ingame name is the same as my forum name, I haven't been able to improve any of my styles if it's possible. I already have my eyes on a few projectile accessories to help me.
ZetoMK2-A

Postby ZetoMK2-A » 12 Aug 2015, 01:10

Things are really looking up, I even got a Bullet Note maroon. ;)
ZetoMK2-A

Postby Masel » 12 Aug 2015, 15:02

Oh! Nicely done.

Regarding the "leveling up" of styles. there is a way to do that. Styles can be "leveled up" by getting style points, which're gotten by doing battles. (MF or GAT) Each style needs between 180 and 300 points, and points are gotten 1 or 2 at a time depending on what mode you're playing.
Masel

Postby ZetoMK2-A » 12 Aug 2015, 18:25

I was wondering about that, I have however gotten a few styles up to the second level and somehow got the acid star accessory.
Now in game I have three main quests: Finding as many cores as I can, getting as much points as possible and saving up lots of WIN. I have a thunder star but I'm afraid my luck wont be as good as last time (yellow eyeballs on the second try ever) plus I've been taking a few offers for free Crescents, so far so good. BTW my secondary goal is to at least get some kind of sword accessory.
ZetoMK2-A

Return to New Player Forum